2021-09-07 08:36:32

by Jean Delvare

Subject: [GIT PULL] dmi fix for v5.15

Hi Linus,

Please pull dmi subsystem fixes for Linux v5.15 from:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jdelvare/staging.git dmi-for-linus

drivers/firmware/dmi-id.c | 6 +++++-

---------------

Hans de Goede (1):
firmware: dmi: Move product_sku info to the end of the modalias

Jean Delvare
SUSE L3 Support

2021-09-07 20:19:15

by Linus Torvalds

Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] dmi fix for v5.15

On Tue, Sep 7, 2021 at 1:24 AM Jean Delvare <[email protected]> wrote:

> Please pull dmi subsystem fixes for Linux v5.15 from:

Please give me a blurb about what this fixes.

I did look at the single commit and made something up, so this is
already merged (as pr-tracker-bot has noticed), but in general even
just one-liner trivial "this fixes modalias that got broken by a
misplaced field" would have been appreciated.

Linus

2021-09-07 20:51:38

by pr-tracker-bot

The pull request you sent on Tue, 7 Sep 2021 10:24:28 +0200:

> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jdelvare/staging.git dmi-for-linus

has been merged into torvalds/linux.git:
https://git.kernel.org/torvalds/c/a2b28235335fee2586b4bd16448fb59ed6c80eef

Thank you!

--
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/prtracker.html

2021-09-07 22:37:06

by Jean Delvare

On Tue, 7 Sep 2021 13:17:20 -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 7, 2021 at 1:24 AM Jean Delvare <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > Please pull dmi subsystem fixes for Linux v5.15 from:
>
> Please give me a blurb about what this fixes.
>
> I did look at the single commit and made something up, so this is
> already merged (as pr-tracker-bot has noticed), but in general even
> just one-liner trivial "this fixes modalias that got broken by a
> misplaced field" would have been appreciated.

OK, I've updated my template to remember to include such an executive
summary next time. Sorry for the inconvenience.

--
Jean Delvare
SUSE L3 Support