2022-04-18 04:57:26

by Frank Wunderlich

Subject: Aw: Re: [RFC/RFT 4/6] PCI: rockchip-dwc: add pcie bifurcation

Hi,

> Gesendet: Sonntag, 17. April 2022 um 01:30 Uhr
> Von: "Bjorn Helgaas" <[email protected]>

thanks for first review

> On Sat, Apr 16, 2022 at 03:54:56PM +0200, Frank Wunderlich wrote:
> > From: Frank Wunderlich <[email protected]>
> >
> > PCIe Lanes can be split to 2 slots with bifurcation.
> > Add support for this in existing pcie driver.
>
> Please s/pcie/PCIe/ in subject and above to be consistent. You also
> have kind of a random usage in other patches.

will do

> Mention the DT property used for this in the commit log.

good point

noticed that i forgot to add it to pcie-bindings (rockchip-dw-pcie.yaml).

> Is the "rockchip,bifurcation" DT property something that should be
> generalized so it's not rockchip-specific? Other controllers are
> likely to support similar functionality.

I do not know if other controllers support similar functionality, but i ack a property without vendor prefix is better. Should i use "bifurcation" as name or do you think about a different name which is more generic?

regards Frank

2022-04-20 08:53:42

by Bjorn Helgaas

On Sun, Apr 17, 2022 at 11:08:02AM +0200, Frank Wunderlich wrote:
> > On Sat, Apr 16, 2022 at 03:54:56PM +0200, Frank Wunderlich wrote:
> > > From: Frank Wunderlich <[email protected]>
> > >
> > > PCIe Lanes can be split to 2 slots with bifurcation.
> > > Add support for this in existing pcie driver.

> > Is the "rockchip,bifurcation" DT property something that should be
> > generalized so it's not rockchip-specific? Other controllers are
> > likely to support similar functionality.
>
> I do not know if other controllers support similar functionality,
> but i ack a property without vendor prefix is better. Should i use
> "bifurcation" as name or do you think about a different name which
> is more generic?

Really a question for Rob about what name would be good and where it
should go.