2023-06-26 18:58:38

by Linus Torvalds

Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] Btrfs updates for 6.5

On Mon, 26 Jun 2023 at 11:21, David Sterba <[email protected]> wrote:

> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kdave/linux.git for-6.5

Ouch. I did this merge twice.

Your pull request only points to the branch. I didn't immediately
notice - my scripting only complains about non-kernel.org addresses -
but then after doing the merge I went "Hmm, I see no signature".

And then I noticed that you do have a for-6.5-tag that points to your
branch, you just didn't mention it in the pull request.

So then I re-did it all.

Can I ask you to be more careful in your pull request flow, and point
at the tag? I did notice eventually, and I'll go make my scripting
actually complain even about kernel.org pulls without signed tags so
that I'll notice earlier (and not just by mistake when I happen to
check later)

Linus

2023-06-26 19:52:14

by David Sterba

On Mon, Jun 26, 2023 at 11:49:13AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Jun 2023 at 11:21, David Sterba <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kdave/linux.git for-6.5
>
> Ouch. I did this merge twice.
>
> Your pull request only points to the branch. I didn't immediately
> notice - my scripting only complains about non-kernel.org addresses -
> but then after doing the merge I went "Hmm, I see no signature".
>
> And then I noticed that you do have a for-6.5-tag that points to your
> branch, you just didn't mention it in the pull request.
>
> So then I re-did it all.
>
> Can I ask you to be more careful in your pull request flow, and point
> at the tag? I did notice eventually, and I'll go make my scripting
> actually complain even about kernel.org pulls without signed tags so
> that I'll notice earlier (and not just by mistake when I happen to
> check later)

I'm sorry about that, I had to redo the pull request before sending and
did not update the tag name in the new cover letter, it's not
automated/scripted on my side. I'll go fix it now.