2023-11-28 07:17:50

by joeyli

Subject: What is the successor of /dev/rfcomm0 after the rfcomm tool be deprecated

Hi bluetooth experts,

I am learning user space programming for bluetooth. I have tried
a simple python script as a socket client for access /dev/rfcomm0 success.
I created the /dev/rfcomm0 device by "rfcomm bind" command. It works fine.

But after the rfcomm tool be deprecated in bluez. I didn't see any
successor of /dev/rfcomm0 or rfcomm tool. I read this article:

http://www.bluez.org/the-management-interface/

Does that mean all scripts/applications base on rfcomm tool and /dev/rfcomm0
need to be rewritten by using bluetoothd-dbus API? Do we have any solution
to keep those old socket scripts work as is? For example: Forwarding socket
request of /dev/rfcomm0 to bluetoothd?

Thanks a lot!
Joey Lee