2024-01-08 05:02:41

by Stephen Rothwell

Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the usb tree

Hi all,

After merging the usb tree, today's linux-next build (htmldocs) produced
this warning:

Documentation/usb/gadget-testing.rst:459: ERROR: Malformed table.
Text in column margin in table line 9.

=============== ==================================================
ifname network device interface name associated with this
function instance
qmult queue length multiplier for high and super speed
host_addr MAC address of host's end of this
Ethernet over USB link
dev_addr MAC address of device's end of this
Ethernet over USB link
max_segment_size Segment size required for P2P connections. This
will set MTU to (max_segment_size - 14 bytes)
=============== ==================================================

Introduced by commit

1900daeefd3e ("usb: gadget: ncm: Add support to update wMaxSegmentSize via configfs")

Stephen Rothwell

Attachments:
(No filename) (499.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature

2024-01-08 07:56:12

by Greg KH

On Mon, Jan 08, 2024 at 04:02:21PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After merging the usb tree, today's linux-next build (htmldocs) produced
> this warning:
>
> Documentation/usb/gadget-testing.rst:459: ERROR: Malformed table.
> Text in column margin in table line 9.
>
> =============== ==================================================
> ifname network device interface name associated with this
> function instance
> qmult queue length multiplier for high and super speed
> host_addr MAC address of host's end of this
> Ethernet over USB link
> dev_addr MAC address of device's end of this
> Ethernet over USB link
> max_segment_size Segment size required for P2P connections. This
> will set MTU to (max_segment_size - 14 bytes)
> =============== ==================================================
>
> Introduced by commit
>
> 1900daeefd3e ("usb: gadget: ncm: Add support to update wMaxSegmentSize via configfs")

Krishna, can you send a fixup patch for this?

thanks,

greg k-h

2024-01-25 00:35:41

by Stephen Rothwell

Hi all,

On Mon, 8 Jan 2024 08:54:39 +0100 Greg KH <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 08, 2024 at 04:02:21PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> >
> > After merging the usb tree, today's linux-next build (htmldocs) produced
> > this warning:
> >
> > Documentation/usb/gadget-testing.rst:459: ERROR: Malformed table.
> > Text in column margin in table line 9.
> >
> > =============== ==================================================
> > ifname network device interface name associated with this
> > function instance
> > qmult queue length multiplier for high and super speed
> > host_addr MAC address of host's end of this
> > Ethernet over USB link
> > dev_addr MAC address of device's end of this
> > Ethernet over USB link
> > max_segment_size Segment size required for P2P connections. This
> > will set MTU to (max_segment_size - 14 bytes)
> > =============== ==================================================
> >
> > Introduced by commit
> >
> > 1900daeefd3e ("usb: gadget: ncm: Add support to update wMaxSegmentSize via configfs")
>
> Krishna, can you send a fixup patch for this?

I am still seeing this warning.

Stephen Rothwell

Attachments:
(No filename) (499.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature

2024-01-25 05:54:20

by Krishna Kurapati PSSNV

On 1/25/2024 6:05 AM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On Mon, 8 Jan 2024 08:54:39 +0100 Greg KH <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Jan 08, 2024 at 04:02:21PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
>>>
>>> After merging the usb tree, today's linux-next build (htmldocs) produced
>>> this warning:
>>>
>>> Documentation/usb/gadget-testing.rst:459: ERROR: Malformed table.
>>> Text in column margin in table line 9.
>>>
>>> =============== ==================================================
>>> ifname network device interface name associated with this
>>> function instance
>>> qmult queue length multiplier for high and super speed
>>> host_addr MAC address of host's end of this
>>> Ethernet over USB link
>>> dev_addr MAC address of device's end of this
>>> Ethernet over USB link
>>> max_segment_size Segment size required for P2P connections. This
>>> will set MTU to (max_segment_size - 14 bytes)
>>> =============== ==================================================
>>>
>>> Introduced by commit
>>>
>>> 1900daeefd3e ("usb: gadget: ncm: Add support to update wMaxSegmentSize via configfs")
>>
>> Krishna, can you send a fixup patch for this?
>
> I am still seeing this warning.

HI Stephen,

Udipto and Randy sent patches for fixing this:

https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email protected]/

https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email protected]/

Greg, can you help pick one of them up.

Regards,
Krishna,

2024-01-25 15:57:49

by Greg KH

On Thu, Jan 25, 2024 at 11:23:56AM +0530, Krishna Kurapati PSSNV wrote:

> On 1/25/2024 6:05 AM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > Hi all,

> > > Krishna, can you send a fixup patch for this?
> >
> > I am still seeing this warning.
> >
> HI Stephen,
>
> Udipto and Randy sent patches for fixing this:
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email protected]/
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email protected]/
>
> Greg, can you help pick one of them up.

I will, sorry, at a conference this week, will catch up this weekend...