2024-02-21 19:36:51

by Nathan Chancellor

Subject: Prebuilt LLVM 18.1.0-rc3 uploaded

Hi all,

I have built and uploaded a prebuilt version of LLVM 18.1.0-rc2 to
https://mirrors.edge.kernel.org/pub/tools/llvm/.

This release is the first one to have SystemZ (s390) support in ld.lld
and llvm-objcopy, so this release will be the first one to allow
'ARCH=s390 LLVM=1' to work properly, along with several patches to the
kernel that are pending in the s390 features branch (targetting 6.9):

https://git.kernel.org/s390/l/features

Another change in this release is the inclusion of libclang.so on the
packaging side, which allows bindgen to be used with these toolchains:

https://lore.kernel.org/CANiq72npYCD-zKqcXPNOAxnKiUCCXGbFQaGo-8=0-171ni+ncQ@mail.gmail.com/

As with Linux -rc releases, this is not the final version that will
ship. If you run across any issues, especially ones that were not
present in earlier LLVM releases, please consider reporting them to us
so that we have a chance to investigate and fix them before the final
release.

Cheers,
Nathan