2017-11-02 08:23:24

by Oliver Hartkopp

Subject: Re: [v2] can: Use common error handling code in vxcan_newlink()

On 11/01/2017 08:37 PM, SF Markus Elfring wrote:

> These addresses were suggested (or recommended?) by the script “get_maintainer.pl”.

I know.

(..)

> How does this view fit to the information in the section “5) Select
> the recipients for your patch” from the document “submitting-patches.rst”?

We discussed and agreed about your patch. It is clear and simple and has
no side effects to any other driver nor other subsystems.

It was just about getting *this* patch into upstream where the Linux CAN
ML is the right place to post - that was my suggestion. So there was no
need to take the *standard* get_maintainer mail pump-gun again for this
patch in order to save bandwidth, energy and peoples lifetime :-)

Regards,
Oliver