2002-11-06 18:24:14

by xmb

Subject: question about switching to a fresh kernel tree

Yo,

to switch to a completly new and fresh kernel src tree, but using the old
configs... would it be enough to copy the old .config and Makefile to the
new tree

./xmb

2002-11-06 18:29:27

by Petr Baudis

Dear diary, on Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 07:30:45PM CET, I got a letter,
where xmb <[email protected]> told me, that...
> Yo,
>
> to switch to a completly new and fresh kernel src tree, but using the old
> configs... would it be enough to copy the old .config and Makefile to the
> new tree

Copy the .config and then do make oldconfig in the new tree. README could be
interesting reading for you, BTW ;-).

--

Petr "Pasky" Baudis
.