2008-10-13 12:20:30

by Prabhu Chawandi

Subject: Initial Console

Hi All,

Initial console /dev/console in the kernel is directed to /dev/ttyS0,

Any bosy is having info, where exavtly in which file has been done so..

if not what exactly is happening to initialize console to ttyS0.

Please have your words...

thanks
prabhu

2008-10-13 16:02:27

by Geert Uytterhoeven

Subject: Re: Initial Console

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008, Prabhu Chawandi wrote:
> Initial console /dev/console in the kernel is directed to /dev/ttyS0,

Depends...

> Any bosy is having info, where exavtly in which file has been done so..

drivers/char/tty_io.c, look for `TTYAUX_MAJOR, 1'.

> if not what exactly is happening to initialize console to ttyS0.

... depends on the list of available console devices, and the `console=' kernel
command line parameter.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 -- [email protected]

-- Linus Torvalds