2001-10-31 19:25:57

by Andrew Grover

Subject: RE: 2xQ: Is PM + ACPI but /no/ APM a valid configuration? Interru pts enabled in APM set power state?

> From: Alex Bligh - linux-kernel [mailto:[email protected]]
> PM, ACPI, no APM
>
> This is the wierd one. I get a pile of scrolly
> messages which I think is ACPI debugging
> and appear to be uninterruptible - SysRq K crashes
> the machine. They are attached at the bottom.
>
> Is this a valid configuration? I can't see why
> not.

If I may interpret the debug messages...do they go away if you compile in
the ACPI embedded controller driver? That appears to be part (if not all) of
the problem.

Regards -- Andy

Andrew,

--On Wednesday, 31 October, 2001 11:26 AM -0800 "Grover, Andrew"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>> From: Alex Bligh - linux-kernel [mailto:[email protected]]
>> PM, ACPI, no APM
>>
>> This is the wierd one. I get a pile of scrolly
>> messages which I think is ACPI debugging
>> and appear to be uninterruptible - SysRq K crashes
>> the machine. They are attached at the bottom.
>>
>> Is this a valid configuration? I can't see why
>> not.
>
> If I may interpret the debug messages...do they go away if you compile in
> the ACPI embedded controller driver? That appears to be part (if not all)
> of the problem.

For the hard of understanding, such as myself, do you mean the
ACPI bus manager (CONFIG_ACPI_BUSMGR)? I had that unset, on
the basis of least change, but can try it, or did you mean
something else?

--
Alex Bligh

> For the hard of understanding, such as myself, do you mean the
> ACPI bus manager (CONFIG_ACPI_BUSMGR)? I had that unset, on
> the basis of least change, but can try it, or did you mean
> something else?

This was a stupid question derived from being up too many
hours. Andrew obviously meant 'embedded controller', the config
option for which depends on bus manager being selected
too. Apols.

Is selecting ACPI without these an invalid config? Or just
on my laptop?

--
Alex Bligh