2024-03-28 08:27:27

by syzbot

Subject: [syzbot] riscv/fixes boot error: can't ssh into the instance (3)

Hello,

syzbot found the following issue on:

HEAD commit: 653650c468be riscv: Mark __se_sys_* functions __used
git tree: git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/riscv/linux.git fixes
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=1110f1e6180000
kernel config: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=88360569be845301
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=620209d95a0e9fde702f
compiler: riscv64-linux-gnu-gcc (Debian 12.2.0-13) 12.2.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.40
userspace arch: riscv64

Downloadable assets:
disk image (non-bootable): https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/a741b348759c/non_bootable_disk-653650c4.raw.xz
vmlinux: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/2701bf6276c4/vmlinux-653650c4.xz
kernel image: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/aed54fe6b3d5/Image-653650c4.xz

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email protected]

---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email protected].

syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.

If the report is already addressed, let syzbot know by replying with:
#syz fix: exact-commit-title

If you want to overwrite report's subsystems, reply with:
#syz set subsystems: new-subsystem
(See the list of subsystem names on the web dashboard)

If the report is a duplicate of another one, reply with:
#syz dup: exact-subject-of-another-report

If you want to undo deduplication, reply with:
#syz undup

2024-03-28 13:08:48

by syzbot

> On 28/03/2024 09:27, syzbot wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> syzbot found the following issue on:
>>
>> HEAD commit: 653650c468be riscv: Mark __se_sys_* functions __used
>> git tree: git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/riscv/linux.git fixes
>> console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=1110f1e6180000
>> kernel config: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=88360569be845301
>> dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=620209d95a0e9fde702f
>> compiler: riscv64-linux-gnu-gcc (Debian 12.2.0-13) 12.2.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.40
>> userspace arch: riscv64
>>
>> Downloadable assets:
>> disk image (non-bootable): https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/a741b348759c/non_bootable_disk-653650c4.raw.xz
>> vmlinux: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/2701bf6276c4/vmlinux-653650c4.xz
>> kernel image: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/aed54fe6b3d5/Image-653650c4.xz
>>
>> IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
>> Reported-by: [email protected]
>>

>> ---
>> This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
>> See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
>> syzbot engineers can be reached at [email protected].
>>
>> syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
>> https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.
>>
>> If the report is already addressed, let syzbot know by replying with:
>> #syz fix: exact-commit-title
>>
>> If you want to overwrite report's subsystems, reply with:
>> #syz set subsystems: new-subsystem
>> (See the list of subsystem names on the web dashboard)
>>
>> If the report is a duplicate of another one, reply with:
>> #syz dup: exact-subject-of-another-report
>>
>> If you want to undo deduplication, reply with:
>> #syz undup

> So this is fixed by
> https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email protected]/
>
> Here are the relevant syzbot tags (hopefully I get them right):
>
> #syz dup: [syzbot] [mm?] upstream boot error: WARNING: refcount bug in
> __reset_page_owner
>
> #syz fix: mm,page_owner: Fix refcount imbalance
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alex

Command #1:
can't find the dup bug

2024-03-28 13:09:02

by Alexandre Ghiti

On 28/03/2024 09:27, syzbot wrote:
> Hello,
>
> syzbot found the following issue on:
>
> HEAD commit: 653650c468be riscv: Mark __se_sys_* functions __used
> git tree: git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/riscv/linux.git fixes
> console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=1110f1e6180000
> kernel config: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=88360569be845301
> dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=620209d95a0e9fde702f
> compiler: riscv64-linux-gnu-gcc (Debian 12.2.0-13) 12.2.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.40
> userspace arch: riscv64
>
> Downloadable assets:
> disk image (non-bootable): https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/a741b348759c/non_bootable_disk-653650c4.raw.xz
> vmlinux: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/2701bf6276c4/vmlinux-653650c4.xz
> kernel image: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/aed54fe6b3d5/Image-653650c4.xz
>
> IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
> Reported-by: [email protected]
>

> ---
> This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
> See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
> syzbot engineers can be reached at [email protected].
>
> syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
> https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.
>
> If the report is already addressed, let syzbot know by replying with:
> #syz fix: exact-commit-title
>
> If you want to overwrite report's subsystems, reply with:
> #syz set subsystems: new-subsystem
> (See the list of subsystem names on the web dashboard)
>
> If the report is a duplicate of another one, reply with:
> #syz dup: exact-subject-of-another-report
>
> If you want to undo deduplication, reply with:
> #syz undup

So this is fixed by
https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email protected]/

Here are the relevant syzbot tags (hopefully I get them right):

#syz dup: [syzbot] [mm?] upstream boot error: WARNING: refcount bug in
__reset_page_owner

#syz fix: mm,page_owner: Fix refcount imbalance

Thanks,

Alex

2024-04-20 09:31:53

by Tetsuo Handa

#syz fix: mm,page_owner: fix refcount imbalance