2010-04-05 18:24:52

by Janos Haar

Subject: Re: Kernel crash in xfs_iflush_cluster (was Somebody take a look please!...)

Dave,

Thank you for your answer.
Like i sad before, this is a productive server with important service.
Can you please send the fix for me as soon as it is done even for testing
it....
Or point me to the right direction to get it?

Thanks a lot,
Janos Haar

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Chinner" <[email protected]>
To: "Janos Haar" <[email protected]>
Cc: <[email protected]>; <[email protected]>;
<[email protected]>; <[email protected]>; <[email protected]>;
<[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, April 04, 2010 12:37 PM
Subject: Re: Kernel crash in xfs_iflush_cluster (was Somebody take a look
please!...)

> On Sat, Apr 03, 2010 at 03:42:10PM +0200, Janos Haar wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> The actual version of kernel is 2.6.32.10.
>> There is any significant fixes for me in the last (.11) or in the
>> next (33.x)?
>
> The fixes for this bug are queued up already for the next
> 2.6.32.x release.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dave.
> --
> Dave Chinner
> [email protected]

2010-04-05 22:45:56

by Dave Chinner

On Mon, Apr 05, 2010 at 08:17:27PM +0200, Janos Haar wrote:
> Dave,
>
> Thank you for your answer.
> Like i sad before, this is a productive server with important service.
> Can you please send the fix for me as soon as it is done even for
> testing it....
> Or point me to the right direction to get it?

It's in 2.6.33 if you want to upgrade the kernel, or you if don't
want to wait for the next 2.6.32.x kernel, you can apply this series
of 19 patches yourself:

Dave.
--
Dave Chinner