2005-09-18 20:01:20

by Marc Perkel

Anyone interested in having a spam filter for this list? I'll donate the
service free. I can give you all good references on how accurate it is

Here's what John Dvorak says about it on This Week in Twchnology.

http://www.junkemailfilter.com/dvorak.mp3

I'm serious here..

--
Marc Perkel - [email protected]

Spam Filter: http://www.junkemailfilter.com
My Blog: http://marc.perkel.com

2005-09-18 21:00:44

by Kyle Moffett

On Sep 18, 2005, at 16:01:19, Marc Perkel wrote:
> [spam]

We already have a very nice spam filter, otherwise a _lot_ of crap
would get through. Sadly, it didn't manage to delete this, though.
Plonk!

Cheers,
Kyle Moffett

--
Unix was not designed to stop people from doing stupid things,
because that would also stop them from doing clever things.

2005-09-18 23:31:52

by Marc Perkel

Kyle Moffett wrote:

> On Sep 18, 2005, at 16:01:19, Marc Perkel wrote:
>
>> [spam]
>

> We already have a very nice spam filter, otherwise a _lot_ of crap
> would get through. Sadly, it didn't manage to delete this, though.
> Plonk!
>
> Cheers,
> Kyle Moffett
>
> --
> Unix was not designed to stop people from doing stupid things,
> because that would also stop them from doing clever things.
> -- Doug Gwyn

Well - the reason I'm making the offer is that I'm catching spam that is
getting into this list so the spam filter that is already on this list
isn't doing a very good job. And my offer is free and genuine and not
spam. I have the most advanced spam filter on the planet and I can fix
the problem.

--
Marc Perkel - [email protected]

Spam Filter: http://www.junkemailfilter.com
My Blog: http://marc.perkel.com

2005-09-18 23:56:56

by Valdis Klētnieks

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 16:31:37 PDT, Marc Perkel said:
> spam. I have the most advanced spam filter on the planet and I can fix
> the problem.

Which is why you're now independently wealthy after having sold said
filter to AOL, Yahoo, Goggle, and MSN, right?

Attachments:
(No filename) (226.00 B)

2005-09-19 02:47:09

by Coywolf Qi Hunt

On 9/19/05, Marc Perkel <[email protected]> wrote:

> Kyle Moffett wrote:
>
> > On Sep 18, 2005, at 16:01:19, Marc Perkel wrote:
> >
> >> [spam]
> >

> > We already have a very nice spam filter, otherwise a _lot_ of crap
> > would get through. Sadly, it didn't manage to delete this, though.
> > Plonk!
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Kyle Moffett
> >
> > --
> > Unix was not designed to stop people from doing stupid things,
> > because that would also stop them from doing clever things.
> > -- Doug Gwyn
> >

> Well - the reason I'm making the offer is that I'm catching spam that is
> getting into this list so the spam filter that is already on this list
> isn't doing a very good job. And my offer is free and genuine and not
> spam. I have the most advanced spam filter on the planet and I can fix
> the problem.

most advanced? on the planet?
Have a look at http://ahbl.org/
--
Coywolf Qi Hunt
http://sosdg.org/~coywolf/

2005-09-19 02:53:43

by Coywolf Qi Hunt

On 9/19/05, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 16:31:37 PDT, Marc Perkel said:
> > spam. I have the most advanced spam filter on the planet and I can fix
> > the problem.
>
> Which is why you're now independently wealthy after having sold said
> filter to AOL, Yahoo, Goggle, and MSN, right?

Try to offer something unsolicited, plus exaggerating.
OK, I consider it a spam. The first spam got replies on this list. ;)
--
Coywolf Qi Hunt
http://sosdg.org/~coywolf/