2005-10-08 20:03:05

by com bio

Subject: problem with SU

Hello,
I have a strange problem with the su command. When i
issue a su command i get the error

"setgid: operation not permitted "

I get this error in a machine that runs both fedora
and debian. Its a dual boot system. The error is from
debian sarge. I had disabled selinux in fedora. I dont
know if that would be problem with debian. I wonder if
debian has selinux. If someone can help, Then thanks
in advance..

Sponsored link
Sudoku solver : http://users.kaski-net.net/~deepan/sudoku/sudoku.php
Deepan Chakravarthy N,
College student by day, Programmer by nite.
Home Page: http://users.kaski-net.net/~deepan/
Center for Biotechnology,
Anna University, Chennai,
Tamil Nadu, India.
Ph 91-44-55127050

__________________________________
Yahoo! Music Unlimited
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/

2005-10-09 00:50:31

by Coywolf Qi Hunt

Subject: Re: problem with SU

On 10/9/05, com bio <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a strange problem with the su command. When i
> issue a su command i get the error
>
> "setgid: operation not permitted "
>
> I get this error in a machine that runs both fedora
> and debian. Its a dual boot system. The error is from
> debian sarge. I had disabled selinux in fedora. I dont
> know if that would be problem with debian. I wonder if
> debian has selinux. If someone can help, Then thanks

run this to see if your debian has selinux

dpkg -l selinux
--
Coywolf Qi Hunt
http://sosdg.org/~coywolf/