2023-07-25 04:42:23

by Hugh Dickins

Subject: Re: linux-next: build warning after merge of the mm-hotfixes tree

On Tue, 25 Jul 2023, Stephen Rothwell wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> After merging the mm-hotfixes tree, today's linux-next build (htmldocs)
> produced this warning:
>
> Documentation/filesystems/tmpfs.rst:116: ERROR: Malformed table.
> Text in column margin in table line 4.
>
> =========== ==============================================================
> huge=never Do not allocate huge pages. This is the default.
> huge=always Attempt to allocate huge page every time a new page is needed.
> huge=within_size Only allocate huge page if it will be fully within i_size.
> Also respect madvise(2) hints.
> huge=advise Only allocate huge page if requested with madvise(2).
> =========== ==============================================================
>
> Introduced by commit
>
> a0ebb5aa2de3 ("tmpfs: fix Documentation of noswap and huge mount options")

Sorry about that, Stephen: thanks for the report.

Randy, you're always my goto guy for how to get these Doc things right,
I hope you don't mind. I just write the text as I want it to appear,
then get caught out by unfamiliar rules.

Please suggest a fixup to the fix patch if you can - thanks!

Hugh

2023-07-25 05:44:35

by Randy Dunlap

On 7/24/23 21:10, Hugh Dickins wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Jul 2023, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> After merging the mm-hotfixes tree, today's linux-next build (htmldocs)
>> produced this warning:
>>
>> Documentation/filesystems/tmpfs.rst:116: ERROR: Malformed table.
>> Text in column margin in table line 4.
>>
>> =========== ==============================================================
>> huge=never Do not allocate huge pages. This is the default.
>> huge=always Attempt to allocate huge page every time a new page is needed.
>> huge=within_size Only allocate huge page if it will be fully within i_size.
>> Also respect madvise(2) hints.
>> huge=advise Only allocate huge page if requested with madvise(2).
>> =========== ==============================================================
>>
>> Introduced by commit
>>
>> a0ebb5aa2de3 ("tmpfs: fix Documentation of noswap and huge mount options")
>
> Sorry about that, Stephen: thanks for the report.
>
> Randy, you're always my goto guy for how to get these Doc things right,
> I hope you don't mind. I just write the text as I want it to appear,
> then get caught out by unfamiliar rules.
>
> Please suggest a fixup to the fix patch if you can - thanks!

Hi Hugh,

I have a patch ready. I'll send it in a few minutes.

--
~Randy