2024-03-13 15:37:35

by Daniel Lezcano

Subject: [GIT PULL] timer drivers for v6.9-rc1

Hi Thomas,

The following changes since commit 71fee48fb772ac4f6cfa63dbebc5629de8b4cc09:

tick-sched: Fix idle and iowait sleeptime accounting vs CPU hotplug
(2024-01-19 16:40:38 +0100)

are available in the Git repository at:

https://git.linaro.org/people/daniel.lezcano/linux.git
tags/timers-v6.9-rc1

for you to fetch changes up to 8248ca30ef89f9cc74ace62ae1b9a22b5f16736c:

clocksource/drivers/timer-riscv: Clear timer interrupt on timer
initialization (2024-03-13 12:08:59 +0100)

- Fix -Wunused-but-set-variable warning for the iMX GPT timer (Daniel
Lezcano)

- Add Pixel6 compatible string for Exynos 4210 MCT timer (Peter Griffin)

- Fix all kernel-doc warnings and misuse of comment format (Randy
Dunlap)

- Document in the DT bindings the interrupt used for input capture
interrupt and udpate the example to match the reality (Geert
Uytterhoeven)

- Document RZ/Five SoC DT bindings (Lad Prabhakar)

- Add DT bindings support for the i.MX95, reorganize the driver to
move globale variables to a timer private structure and introduce
the i.MX95 timer support (Peng Fan)

- Fix prescalar value to conform to the ARM global timer
documentation. Fix data types and comparison, guard the divide by
zero code section and use the available macros for bit manipulation
(Martin Blumenstingl)

- Add Ralink SoCs system tick counter (Sergio Paracuellos)

- Add support for cadence TTC PWM (Mubin Sayyed)

- Clear timer interrupt on timer initialization to prevent the
interrupt to fire during setup (Ley Foon Tan)

Daniel Lezcano (1):
clocksource/drivers/imx: Fix -Wunused-but-set-variable warning

Geert Uytterhoeven (1):
dt-bindings: timer: renesas,tmu: Document input capture interrupt

Lad Prabhakar (1):
dt-bindings: timer: renesas: ostm: Document RZ/Five SoC

Ley Foon Tan (1):
clocksource/drivers/timer-riscv: Clear timer interrupt on timer
initialization

Martin Blumenstingl (5):
clocksource/drivers/arm_global_timer: Fix maximum prescaler value
clocksource/drivers/arm_global_timer: Remove stray tab
clocksource/drivers/arm_global_timer: Make gt_target_rate
unsigned long
clocksource/drivers/arm_global_timer: Guard against division by zero
clocksource/drivers/arm_global_timer: Simplify prescaler register
access

Mubin Sayyed (1):
dt-bindings: timer: Add support for cadence TTC PWM

Peng Fan (3):
dt-bindings: timer: nxp,sysctr-timer: support i.MX95
clocksource/drivers/imx-sysctr: Drop use global variables
clocksource/drivers/imx-sysctr: Add i.MX95 support

Peter Griffin (1):
dt-bindings: timer: exynos4210-mct: Add google,gs101-mct compatible

Randy Dunlap (3):
clocksource/drivers/stm32: Fix all kernel-doc warnings
clocksource/drivers/ti-32K: Fix misuse of "/**" comment
clocksource: arm_global_timer: fix non-kernel-doc comment

Sergio Paracuellos (1):
dt-bindings: timer: add Ralink SoCs system tick counter

.../devicetree/bindings/timer/cdns,ttc.yaml | 22 +++-
.../bindings/timer/nxp,sysctr-timer.yaml | 4 +-
.../bindings/timer/ralink,cevt-systick.yaml | 38 +++++++
.../devicetree/bindings/timer/renesas,ostm.yaml | 2 +-
.../devicetree/bindings/timer/renesas,tmu.yaml | 18 +++-
.../bindings/timer/samsung,exynos4210-mct.yaml | 2 +
drivers/clocksource/arm_global_timer.c | 35 +++---
drivers/clocksource/timer-imx-gpt.c | 3 +-
drivers/clocksource/timer-imx-sysctr.c | 117
+++++++++++++++------
drivers/clocksource/timer-riscv.c | 3 +
drivers/clocksource/timer-stm32.c | 4 +-
drivers/clocksource/timer-ti-32k.c | 2 +-
create mode 100644
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/timer/ralink,cevt-systick.yaml

--
<http://www.linaro.org/> Linaro.org │ Open source software for ARM SoCs

Follow Linaro: <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Linaro> Facebook |
<http://twitter.com/#!/linaroorg> Twitter |
<http://www.linaro.org/linaro-blog/> Blog

2024-03-15 23:58:51

by Thomas Gleixner

Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] timer drivers for v6.9-rc1

On Wed, Mar 13 2024 at 16:37, Daniel Lezcano wrote:
> The following changes since commit 71fee48fb772ac4f6cfa63dbebc5629de8b4cc09:
>
> tick-sched: Fix idle and iowait sleeptime accounting vs CPU hotplug
> (2024-01-19 16:40:38 +0100)
>
> are available in the Git repository at:
>
> https://git.linaro.org/people/daniel.lezcano/linux.git
> tags/timers-v6.9-rc1

First of all why are you sending this pull request in the middle of the
merge window instead of having it in my tree at least a week ago?

That aside:

git pull https://git.linaro.org/people/daniel.lezcano/linux.git tags/timers-v6.9-rc1
fatal: protocol error: bad pack header

Three times in a row with a 5 minutes gap between each attempts. I try
it again tomorrow morning.

Thanks,

tglx

2024-03-18 08:36:51

by Daniel Lezcano

Hi Thomas,

On 16/03/2024 00:58, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 13 2024 at 16:37, Daniel Lezcano wrote:
>> The following changes since commit 71fee48fb772ac4f6cfa63dbebc5629de8b4cc09:
>>
>> tick-sched: Fix idle and iowait sleeptime accounting vs CPU hotplug
>> (2024-01-19 16:40:38 +0100)
>>
>> are available in the Git repository at:
>>
>> https://git.linaro.org/people/daniel.lezcano/linux.git
>> tags/timers-v6.9-rc1
>
> First of all why are you sending this pull request in the middle of the
> merge window instead of having it in my tree at least a week ago?

sorry for that, I've been buried up with some tasks. I'll send the PR
sooner next time.

--
<http://www.linaro.org/> Linaro.org │ Open source software for ARM SoCs

Follow Linaro: <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Linaro> Facebook |
<http://twitter.com/#!/linaroorg> Twitter |
<http://www.linaro.org/linaro-blog/> Blog

The following commit has been merged into the timers/core branch of tip:

Commit-ID: 86c54c846e126d6f7cbfacefa0cfeaed6f67207b
Gitweb: https://git.kernel.org/tip/86c54c846e126d6f7cbfacefa0cfeaed6f67207b
AuthorDate: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 11:01:13 +01:00
Committer: Thomas Gleixner <[email protected]>
CommitterDate: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 11:01:13 +01:00

Merge tag 'timers-v6.9-rc1' of https://git.linaro.org/people/daniel.lezcano/linux into timers/core

Pull clocksource/event driver updates from Daniel Lezcano:

[...]

Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/[email protected]
---