2005-05-18 19:22:39

by YhLu

Subject: Next step with LinuxBIOS

with Linuxtiny, I enable the
1. serial console
2. tcp/ip
3. smp ( i need apic...)
4. usb storage
5. lsi scsi disk
6. ide

the kernel get 682k.

actually space for normal payloads is 1024-128-90=806k.

how about the next step?
another small program to provide
1. menu support
2. flash
3. cmos setting
4. boot from Net.. (copy to ramdisk and kexec)
5. boot from disk...(kexec...)

the small program in ramdisk or initramfs...?

Please comment

YH

2005-05-18 20:22:40

by Diego Calleja

Subject: Re: Next step with LinuxBIOS

El Wed, 18 May 2005 12:42:31 -0700,
YhLu <[email protected]> escribi?:

> 3. smp ( i need apic...)

Why? Can't you use "Local APIC support on uniprocessors" (CONFIG_X86_UP_APIC)?

2005-05-18 20:44:08

by YhLu

Good. spare 40k. I can put IB driver in it now.

YH

2005-05-19 14:56:40

by Ronald G Minnich

YES, please send me your kernel config and I'd like to try this. The
single biggest complaint we get on linubios is
- no command interface
- can't load a system from cdrom
- can't boot from arbitrary disk
- no command interface
- no command interface
- no command interface
- no command interface
- no command interface
- no command interface
- "we hate etherboot"
- "FILO does not do enough"
- "we want Open Firmware"

Oh, wait, that's more than one, but you get my drift. Please send config
file!

I'd really like to get a kernel in there and start resolving these issues.

ron