2003-08-12 18:09:20

by Paul Blazejowski

Subject: Re: Linux [2.6.0-test3/mm1] aic7xxx problems.

On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 21:51, Rahul Karnik wrote:

> acpi=off turns off ACPI
> pci=noacpi turns off the use of ACPI for PCI IRQ routing
>
> I have APIC off both in BIOS and in my kernel, as I had problems when I
> tried it last. However, you should try again with the -mm kernels, as I
> think they have some work in them to make all of this start working again.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Rahul

I've tried all these options...regardless of ACPI being enabled or
disabled the driver still does not see the SCSI drive, both of my cdroms
are seen though.

Justin, I would be willing to test the 6.2.36 aic7xxx driver or variant
of if it was made available for 2.6.0-test3 kernel.

What else i could try? Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Paul

Attachments:
signature.asc (189.00 B)
This is a digitally signed message part

2003-08-13 18:38:49

by Justin T. Gibbs

> I've tried all these options...regardless of ACPI being enabled or
> disabled the driver still does not see the SCSI drive, both of my cdroms
> are seen though.
>
> Justin, I would be willing to test the 6.2.36 aic7xxx driver or variant
> of if it was made available for 2.6.0-test3 kernel.

It will be a little while before I can get my own distributions up
and running in the 2.6 stream. I hope to start looking at this next
week.

--
Justin

2003-08-25 00:16:02

by Paul Blazejowski

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 12:38:20PM -0600, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:

> It will be a little while before I can get my own distributions up
> and running in the 2.6 stream. I hope to start looking at this next
> week.
>
> --
> Justin

Hi Justin,

After some more testing i have good news to report.
I am currently running kernel 2.6.0-test4 with aic7xxx driver.

The solution to my earlier problem was in SCSI-Select Utility under
Advanced Settings tab.I have never changed any options under the
AHA-2940U2W bios 2.57.2 but this time i've changed BIOS Support for
Int 13 Extensions from Enabled (default) to Disabled.That made all the
difference when the adapter is probed.

I have a question related to this setting, will this affect anything
when set to Disabled? Perhaps there's something in the driver that
prevents the Int 13 extention from functioning properly?

I can provide .config,dmesg output or verbose messages if needed.

Thank you for helping thus far.

Regards,

Paul

Attachments: