2009-01-13 12:27:40

by Jean Delvare

Subject: Bugzilla permissions

Dear bugzilla admin,

Could you please unlock bugzilla so that everybody (starting with me)
is allowed to change the attachment types? I am a bit tired of having
to e-mail the person who created the attachment to ask him/her to
change the type from application/octet-stream to text/plain so that I
can see the attachment directly in my web browser. If we want people to
help with bugs, we must make it as easy for them as possible.

Jean Delvare

2009-01-16 17:36:00

by Martin Bligh

Subject: Re: Bugzilla permissions

> Dear bugzilla admin,

Please send bugzilla admin emails to [email protected]
(is linked from the front page of http://bugzilla.kernel.org). Sorry, I can't
keep up with reading all of LKML nowadays ;-)

> Could you please unlock bugzilla so that everybody (starting with me)
> is allowed to change the attachment types? I am a bit tired of having
> to e-mail the person who created the attachment to ask him/her to
> change the type from application/octet-stream to text/plain so that I
> can see the attachment directly in my web browser. If we want people to
> help with bugs, we must make it as easy for them as possible.

Given that there's no real control on bugzilla accounts, I'm somewhat
reluctant to make it a complete free for all and let any new user edit
any bug. However, for anyone running a subsystem, or anyone else
that I have a vague clue who they are (or any established developer
will vouch for, anyone I can see git commits for, etc), I am perfectly
willing to enable global edit on a individual basis. Hasn't been a big
problem up until now, so I suspect it won't turn into one.

I enabled your account. Thanks for looking at bugs ;-)

M.

2009-01-16 17:36:54

by Martin Bligh

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 9:35 AM, Martin Bligh <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Dear bugzilla admin,
>
> Please send bugzilla admin emails to [email protected]
> (is linked from the front page of http://bugzilla.kernel.org). Sorry, I can't
> keep up with reading all of LKML nowadays ;-)

Ugh, you did - sorry. Don't know why I didn't see that, will go check
my filters.

2009-01-16 20:28:59

by Jean Delvare

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 09:35:45 -0800, Martin Bligh wrote:
> > Dear bugzilla admin,
>
> Please send bugzilla admin emails to [email protected]
> (is linked from the front page of http://bugzilla.kernel.org). Sorry, I can't
> keep up with reading all of LKML nowadays ;-)
>
> > Could you please unlock bugzilla so that everybody (starting with me)
> > is allowed to change the attachment types? I am a bit tired of having
> > to e-mail the person who created the attachment to ask him/her to
> > change the type from application/octet-stream to text/plain so that I
> > can see the attachment directly in my web browser. If we want people to
> > help with bugs, we must make it as easy for them as possible.
>
> Given that there's no real control on bugzilla accounts, I'm somewhat
> reluctant to make it a complete free for all and let any new user edit
> any bug. However, for anyone running a subsystem, or anyone else
> that I have a vague clue who they are (or any established developer
> will vouch for, anyone I can see git commits for, etc), I am perfectly
> willing to enable global edit on a individual basis. Hasn't been a big
> problem up until now, so I suspect it won't turn into one.
>
> I enabled your account. Thanks for looking at bugs ;-)

Thanks Martin!

--
Jean Delvare

2009-01-17 11:08:50

by Marcin Slusarz

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 09:35:45AM -0800, Martin Bligh wrote:
> Given that there's no real control on bugzilla accounts, I'm somewhat
> reluctant to make it a complete free for all and let any new user edit
> any bug. However, for anyone running a subsystem, or anyone else
> that I have a vague clue who they are (or any established developer
> will vouch for, anyone I can see git commits for, etc), I am perfectly

Couldn't it be automatic?
Pulling once a day, refreshing mail list by:
git shortlog -e -s|sed "s/.*<\([^>]*\)>/\1/"
and wiring it into bugzilla permission system shouldn't be too time consuming...

> willing to enable global edit on a individual basis. Hasn't been a big
> problem up until now, so I suspect it won't turn into one.

Marcin