2006-03-14 09:34:13

by Florian Engelhardt

Subject: Reiser4 integration into main line

Hello,

i know, that this question was ask a thousand times before, but: When
will reiser4 make it into the main line of the 2.6 kernel, or will it
never ever be in 2.6?

Kind regards

Florian Engelhardt

2006-03-14 09:40:59

by Arjan van de Ven

Subject: Re: Reiser4 integration into main line

On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 10:34 +0100, Florian Engelhardt wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i know, that this question was ask a thousand times before,

and it has been asked a thousand times on the wrong mailinglist as well,
just as you just did ;)
It's a question for the reiserfs4 people... which is best asked on the
reiserfs mailinglist. There is where the people with the answers "live".

2006-03-14 13:11:55

by Luigi Genoni

On the other side, this is the mailing list where we had the most
interesting discussions about this topic, and where the original "I request
inclusion" mail was sent months ago. If I remember well it was about kernel
2.6.14.

(Anyway I still do not understand why every discussion about reiser4 ended
in a flame war... But, of course, I undestand very well why the inclusion is
such a challenge.)

This topic is still open and there will be a further discussion, I guess...

Luigi