2000-12-18 04:07:45

by Robert Lynch

Subject: test12 final, test13-pre3 freezing system

I find that running these kernels (because of a netfilter modules
compile error, didn't try test13-pre1 or 2) in X my entire system
freezes, requiring a hard reboot. With test12 final, suddenly
the screen streaked, then froze.

No oops, just the freeze.

Been a while (when I used to run Windoze) since I saw a frozen
screen complete with frozen mouse hour-glass. :)

FWIW. Bob L.

2000-12-18 04:13:10

by Mohammad A. Haque

Subject: Re: test12 final, test13-pre3 freezing system

known problem with netfilter. I think someone is working on it.

Robert Lynch wrote:

> I find that running these kernels (because of a netfilter modules
> compile error, didn't try test13-pre1 or 2) in X my entire system
> freezes, requiring a hard reboot. With test12 final, suddenly
> the screen streaked, then froze.
>
> No oops, just the freeze.

Mohammad A. Haque http://www.haque.net/
[email protected]

"Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Project Lead
Don't drink and derive." --Unknown http://wm.themes.org/