2001-02-14 18:48:02

by Marcus Ramos

Subject: What does "device or resource busy" mean ?

Hello,

When I try to load module ttime.o - "insmod ttime.o" - I get the
following message: "ttime.o: init_module: Device or resource busy".
"lsmod" shows that ttime.o was effectively not loaded. I am using RH7
with kernel 2.2.16-22. Does anyone have a guess on a possible reason for
this and how to fix it, so the module can be normally loaded ?

Thanks,
Marcus.

2001-02-14 20:10:24

by Marcus Ramos

Subject: Re: What does "device or resource busy" mean ?

Hi,

For some unknown (to me) reason, this message has to do with X being
active. Leaving X causes the module to be correctly loaded. I guess X
should be using some resource that my module also wanted to use.

Marcus.