2001-02-15 17:48:47

by Adam Schrotenboer

Subject: Loopback status

What's the current status of the loop-# patch? Haven't seen anything
since loop-4, which doesn't apply clean to 2.4.1-ac14 (one hunk is
rejected in loop.c, many others apply with fuzz).

I am waiting in anticipation of the folding of this patch into the
mainline kernel.

IIRC, Jens said he was working on a loop-5, but that was a week or two ago.

2001-02-16 03:05:55

by Jens Axboe

Subject: Re: Loopback status

On Thu, Feb 15 2001, Adam Schrotenboer wrote:
> What's the current status of the loop-# patch? Haven't seen anything
> since loop-4, which doesn't apply clean to 2.4.1-ac14 (one hunk is
> rejected in loop.c, many others apply with fuzz).
>
> I am waiting in anticipation of the folding of this patch into the
> mainline kernel.
>
> IIRC, Jens said he was working on a loop-5, but that was a week or two ago.

I've been busy doing other stuff, sorry. I probably won't have
time to try and merge loop-5 with Alan before monday/tuesday, so
hang on and it will get there.

--
Jens Axboe