2001-02-18 21:03:28

by Morten Stenseth

Subject: PROBLEM: pci bridge fails to wake up from suspend/resume( Inspiron 8000 )

Hello , i have some problems with my inspiron 8000
running kernler 2.4.1-ac16 and hope someone on this
list can help me.

the built in network card do not function after a
suspend/resume , the only messages i receive is
"eepro100: wait_for_cmd_done timeout!" , i belive
the problem is in the pci bridge that the internal
network card and modem is on(look tree.txt ) ,
i took a lspci -vx before suspend and one after
and it seems as the io ports gets disabled for both
the network card and modem ( look at before.txt /after.txt )
when i resume the machine again. I have included
the following files which i hope can help in diagnose
this problem:

before.txt = lspci -vx before suspend
after.txt = lspci -vx after resume
tree.txt = lspci -tv
dmesg.txt = dmesg

if you need more info just give me a howler ?
best regards
Morten Stenseth

dmesg.txt (5.37 kB)
before.txt (7.96 kB)
after.txt (7.97 kB)

by Andrew Morton

Morten Stenseth wrote:

> Hello , i have some problems with my inspiron 8000
> running kernler 2.4.1-ac16 and hope someone on this
> list can help me.

Did you enable eepro100 power management?

2001-02-19 23:00:56

by Morten Stenseth

> Did you enable eepro100 power management?

i tried with and without power managment enabled and it fails either
way, but i have been playing with the setpci command and have
been able to restore all the pci cards/bridges to their original state
and now everything seems to work great, actually it fixed another
problem i have had with this machine , namely whenever i try
to insert agpgart after a suspend/resume the machine freezes,
but resetting the host bridge to it original seems to fix the problem.

I have included a bash script which sets the registers correct
on a inspiron 8000 ( well it works here anyways :-) ) . ,

please give me a howler if anybody want's me to
check out/test this some more.

Attachments:
fixpci.sh (769.00 B)