2002-02-15 22:09:21

by Holzrichter, Bruce

Subject: 2.5.5pre1 /drivers/block/rd.c using nr_sectors

Not sure if your the one to contact, but compiling 2.5.5pre1 errored out
compiling the ramdisk driver in /drivers/block/rd.c because it is still
using bi_end_io with the nr_sectors Argument. I simply removed the
nr_sectors arg to make the kernel compile past that point. I don't know if
that's the right route to go, but wanted to let someone know.

Thanks,
Bruce H.

2002-02-18 07:02:07

by Jens Axboe

Subject: Re: 2.5.5pre1 /drivers/block/rd.c using nr_sectors

On Fri, Feb 15 2002, Holzrichter, Bruce wrote:
> Not sure if your the one to contact, but compiling 2.5.5pre1 errored out
> compiling the ramdisk driver in /drivers/block/rd.c because it is still
> using bi_end_io with the nr_sectors Argument. I simply removed the
> nr_sectors arg to make the kernel compile past that point. I don't know if
> that's the right route to go, but wanted to let someone know.

That's the right fix

--
Jens Axboe