2001-04-01 07:36:40

by Harald Dunkel

Subject: VIA 82C686 Audio Codec: Clicks

Hi folks,

Has anybody an idea how to get rid of the annoying clicks of the
VIA 82C686 audio codec? Using xmms (just as an example) I get a
click with each new track, when I move and release the track slider,
etc.

Even this

echo -n "" >/dev/dsp

produces a click.

Regards

Harri

2001-04-02 17:45:59

by Jani Monoses

Subject: Re: VIA 82C686 Audio Codec: Clicks

You could try the ALSA driver if you're certain it is not a hw problem.It
works better here than the one in the kernel.

On Sun, 1 Apr 2001, Harald Dunkel wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Has anybody an idea how to get rid of the annoying clicks of the
> VIA 82C686 audio codec? Using xmms (just as an example) I get a
> click with each new track, when I move and release the track slider,
> etc.
>
> Even this
>
> echo -n "" >/dev/dsp
>
> produces a click.
>

> Regards
>
> Harri
> -

by Harald Dunkel

Jani Monoses wrote:

> You could try the ALSA driver if you're certain it is not a hw problem.It
> works better here than the one in the kernel.

Now, _this_ is an improvement! I tried the 0.9.0beta3 version of Alsa.
No more clicks! Amazing.

Many thanx for your help

Harri