2001-04-17 15:54:51

by Udo A. Steinberg

Subject: Parport fifo stuck when printer out of paper

Hi,

When my parport printer runs out of paper and there are still
pending print jobs, the kernel will constantly log the following:

DMA write timed out
parport0: FIFO is stuck
parport0: BUSY timeout (1) in compat_write_block_pio

To me it's pretty pointless to fill dmesg and the logfiles with
this rather harmless but still annoying info.

Can this possibly be handled in a nicer way, so that the kernel
keeps quiet about such minor printer issues?

Regards,
Udo.

2001-04-17 21:18:51

by Tim Waugh

Subject: Re: Parport fifo stuck when printer out of paper

On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 05:54:22PM +0200, Udo A. Steinberg wrote:

> To me it's pretty pointless to fill dmesg and the logfiles with
> this rather harmless but still annoying info.

Yes, it's debugging info. I think that FIFO/DMA printing seems to
work quite well now, so maybe it's time to turn that off.

Tim.
*/

Attachments:
(No filename) (316.00 B)