2001-04-16 10:36:18

by Dan Hollis

Subject: via udma100 fix

I don't know if anyone noticed, but the supposed udma100 fix has been
posted here:

http://www.viahardware.com/download/viatweak.shtm

At the bottom of the page.

Technical discussion of the workaround (in german):
http://home.tiscalinet.de/au-ja/review-kt133a-4.html

-Dan

2001-04-16 16:51:09

by Andre Hedrick

Subject: Re: via udma100 fix

On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, Dan Hollis wrote:

> I don't know if anyone noticed, but the supposed udma100 fix has been
> posted here:
>
> http://www.viahardware.com/download/viatweak.shtm
>
> At the bottom of the page.
>
> Technical discussion of the workaround (in german):
> http://home.tiscalinet.de/au-ja/review-kt133a-4.html
>
> -Dan

Hi Dan,

This was sent to me the other day, is this waht you are talking about?

Cheers,

Andre Hedrick
Linux ATA Development
ASL Kernel Development
ASL, Inc. Toll free: 1-877-ASL-3535
1757 Houret Court Fax: 1-408-941-2071
Milpitas, CA 95035 Web: http://www.aslab.com

Attachments:
PCILatencyPatch (1.50 kB)

2001-04-16 19:47:26

by Dan Hollis

On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, Andre Hedrick wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, Dan Hollis wrote:
> > Technical discussion of the workaround (in german):
> > http://home.tiscalinet.de/au-ja/review-kt133a-4.html
> This was sent to me the other day, is this waht you are talking about?

Yes, is any of the information applicable to your via driver?

-Dan

2001-04-19 14:54:27

by David Balazic

Andre Hedrick ([email protected]) wrote :

> Hi Dan,
>
> This was sent to me the other day, is this waht you are talking about?
>
> Cheers,

+ /*
+ * Turn off PCI Latency timeout (set to 0 clocks)
+ */
+ pci_write_config_byte(dev, 0x75, 0x80);

Is turning off PCI Latency a good thing ?

Anyway the article (http://home.tiscalinet.de/au-ja/review-kt133a-4.html)
says that any value below 32 is good, so why not use 16 for example ?

--
David Balazic