2001-04-21 23:23:38

by Werner Hager

Subject: 2.4.2+3 dies on Epox Athlon Board with Sig11

Hello,
I have here an epox athlon slotA via board which refuses 2.4.
On Redhat 7.0 kernel 2.4.2 (or was it 2.4.1?) made the system slow (fsck
the 2GB disc took
around an hour). 2.2.x runs fine.
Installing Redhat 7.1 results in Sig11 or Sig7 in anaconda.

Anyone with the same problem?

Since it is a productive system, I can't probe much myself :(

Werner

PS: Any idee, why an athlon with 512 MB RAM, a 100Mbit Tulip, rh7 and 3
halflife sessions has
only a local hl-Ping of 100-500? Are there knows memory lacks or similar? I
first thought this
system as overkill, but the users report bad pings and e.g. lacks when
someone only logs in with
ssh :(

http://www.gmx.net

Attachments:
(No filename) (82.00 B)

2001-04-22 09:45:30

by Steffen Moser

Subject: Re: 2.4.2+3 dies on Epox Athlon Board with Sig11

Hello,

Werner Hager wrote:

> I have here an epox athlon slotA via board which refuses 2.4.
> On Redhat 7.0 kernel 2.4.2 (or was it 2.4.1?) made the system slow (fsck
> the 2GB disc took around an hour).

Have you tried to disable "Power Management" (especially "ACPI support")
in your kernel configuration? Does that solve your problem? Have you
tried "linux-2.4.3", yet?

HTH!

Best regards,
Steffen