2001-04-22 02:57:22

by Horst von Brand

Subject: Re: [kbuild-devel] Request for comment -- a better attribution system

"Giacomo A. Catenazzi" <[email protected]> said:

[...]

> It whould nice also if we include the type of the license (GPL,...).

If it's in-kernel, it is GPLed.
--
Horst von Brand [email protected]
Casilla 9G, Vin~a del Mar, Chile +56 32 672616

2001-04-22 10:14:11

by Giacomo Catenazzi

Horst von Brand wrote:

> "Giacomo A. Catenazzi" <[email protected]> said:
>
> [...]
>
> > It whould nice also if we include the type of the license (GPL,...).
>
> If it's in-kernel, it is GPLed.

No if it is build into the kernel is GPL or GPL compatible.
some PPP drivers can be built only as modules because of
the linking restriction of GPL code to non GPL compatible
code.
In kernel there are also some automatic generated file.
GPL requires sources!

But this is off-topic for the main lkml.

giacomo