2001-07-04 17:04:17

by John Weber

Subject: Linus vs. AC kernels

Is there any way to find out up to what ac# level has been merged with
the current kernel releases (including the pre kernels)?

2001-07-04 17:13:08

by John Weber

Subject: Re: Linus vs. AC kernels

Adam wrote:

> yeah, read change logs..

Some samples.

-pre9:
- merge with Alan (including MIPS update)

-pre6:
- Alan Cox: merging, merging, merging

2001-07-04 17:15:18

by Tim Waugh

On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 12:58:02PM -0400, John Weber wrote:

> Is there any way to find out up to what ac# level has been merged with
> the current kernel releases (including the pre kernels)?

You can get a diff between two arbitrary patches against the same
thing using interdiff from patchutils. For example:

interdiff -h <(bzcat patch-2.4.6-pre5) <(bzcat patch-2.4.5-ac24.bz2)

Tim.
*/

Attachments:
(No filename) (393.00 B)
(No filename) (232.00 B)

by Alan

The -ac and Linus tree merging is not remotely in order of -ac releases,
That does make it more complex to classify

2001-07-06 19:19:21

by David Schwartz

> Adam wrote:
>
> > yeah, read change logs..
>

> Some samples.
>
> -pre9:
> - merge with Alan (including MIPS update)
>
> -pre6:
> - Alan Cox: merging, merging, merging

It might be helpful if these types of notes could indicate the version from
the other source tree that these changes come from. For example 'merge with
Alan (patches mostly in his ac13)'. I do realize that you can't draw exact
parallels.

DS