2001-07-05 11:28:56

by Naveen Kumar Pagidimarri

Subject: code of ps command

Hai All,

please help me out to find the source code of ps command or

tell me the source where i can get the information about the

data structures/related system calls used for the

implementation of the ps command.

thank u all in advance for the interest u have shown in me.

thank u

naveen

2001-07-05 12:32:46

by Julien Laganier

Subject: Re: code of ps command

Naveen Kumar Pagidimarri wrote:

> Hai All,
>

> please help me out to find the source code of ps command or
>
> tell me the source where i can get the information about the
>

> data structures/related system calls used for the
>
> implementation of the ps command.
>
> thank u all in advance for the interest u have shown in me.
>
> thank u
>
> naveen

You can get the sourcecode of ps in
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/source/admin/psmisc_19.orig.tar.gz

> -

obtained from the Micro$oft help desk.
--

Julien Laganier
Student Intern

2001-07-05 16:04:23

by Reza Roboubi

Naveen Kumar Pagidimarri wrote:

> tell me the source where i can get the information about the
>

> data structures/related system calls used for the
>
> implementation of the ps command.

The ps command probably reads ALL or most of the info it needs from the /proc
directory. The proc filesystem is a virtual filesystem implemented by the
kernel.