Subject: forcing irq for a particular pci device

Hi List,

Is there any way to force a particular irq for a particular
pci device ?

-hiren

2001-07-11 17:15:13

by Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams

Subject: Re: forcing irq for a particular pci device

On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, MEHTA,HIREN (A-SanJose,ex1) wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> Is there any way to force a particular irq for a particular
> pci device ?
>
> -hiren
> -

Try the "PCI Options" section of your computer's BIOS.

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <[email protected]>

2001-07-11 18:08:57

by Nils Faerber

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, MEHTA,HIREN (A-SanJose,ex1) wrote:
> > Hi List,
> > Is there any way to force a particular irq for a particular
> > pci device ?
> > -hiren
> Try the "PCI Options" section of your computer's BIOS.

But this is not an option for many machines like my notebook for
example. There I have the problem that the PCI IRQs seem to be allocated
by random. Sometimes the USB controller shares the interrupt with the
soundcard which saves one IRQ for PCMCIA devices and sometimes seperate
IRQs are used.
It would be really nice if one could change that and accumulate devices
that _can_ share interrupts on one single IRQ.

> Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <[email protected]>
CU
nils faerber

--
kernel concepts Tel: +49-271-771091-12