2001-07-20 20:18:48

by David CM Weber

Subject: RE: Simple LKM & copy_from_user question (followup)

Attached is the file I"m having problems with. I'm compiling it w/

gcc -O3 -c main.c

Thanks in advance,

Dave Weber
Backbone Security, Inc.
570-422-7900

main.c (1.86 kB)
main.c

2001-07-20 20:35:41

by Evgeniy Polyakov

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001 16:26:43 -0400
"David CM Weber" <[email protected]> wrote:

DCW> Attached is the file I"m having problems with. I'm compiling it w/

DCW> gcc -O3 -c main.c

DCW> Thanks in advance,

There is a Makefile for you in attachment.

Here is lsmod output:
It's work :)

[root@Sombre lkm]# lsmod
Module Size Used by
main 836 0 (unused)
NVdriver 660144 15 (autoclean)
[root@Sombre lkm]#

DCW> Dave Weber
DCW> Backbone Security, Inc.
DCW> 570-422-7900

---
WBR. //s0mbre

Attachments:
Makefile (257.00 B)

2001-07-20 20:38:41

by Richard B. Johnson

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, David CM Weber wrote:

> Attached is the file I"m having problems with. I'm compiling it w/
>
> gcc -O3 -c main.c
>
> Thanks in advance,
>

> Dave Weber
> Backbone Security, Inc.
> 570-422-7900

Top line:

#define __KERNEL__

... compiles without any errors, one warning about an unused variable.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson

was handled in the BIOS, I found that there aren't any.

2001-07-20 20:40:41

by Randy.Dunlap

Hi-

I'll suggest a few things for you.

cd to your linux tree and 'make modules'
Look at the gcc compile string there.
Try to copy it closely.

I added -I/path/to/linux/include and -D__KERNEL__
and compiled your module with no problem.

If you had included the complete messages, we could have
seen that it was using /usr/include/linux for header files
instead of header files from linux/include/* .
(at least that's what it did on my system)

~Randy