2001-07-27 09:18:28

by Bobby D. Bryant

Subject: bogo-howto: ATA-100 drives on the Asus A7A266

People are using the archive and discovering my earlier question about
getting my ATA-100 drive to work on the Asus A7A266, and are now
writing to see whether I ever got a solution.

I did, and since I have had a number of enquiries I decided to excerpt
the correspondence as a pseudo-howto. I am posting this message in
hopes that others may find the information useful.

The information is at
http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/bdbryant/howtos/hardware/asus-a7a266/DMA_for_ATA-100/

Good luck with it, and holler if you have better suggestions.

Bobby Bryant
Austin, Texas

2001-07-27 11:23:22

by Eyal Lebedinsky

Subject: Re: bogo-howto: ATA-100 drives on the Asus A7A266

"Bobby D. Bryant" wrote:

> People are using the archive and discovering my earlier question about
> getting my ATA-100 drive to work on the Asus A7A266, and are now

FYI, you may want to add this table to your summary.

The IDE modes are
PIO 0-4
Single word DMA 0-2
Multi word DMA 0-2
Ultra DMA 0-7

This configures the disk - not the chipset.
-X00 restore default PIO
-X01 diasble IORDY

PIO=mode + 8 Programmed IO
-X08 PIO 0