2001-11-15 19:22:49

by Anders Fugmann

Subject: Scheduler

Hi all.

I'm about to start my master thesis, and for this I'm thinking of
implementing a new scheduler for Linux.

The project will be mostly theoretical, and I'm therefore looking for
pointers to papers describing schduling methods for SMP systems.

As a part of the project will be to implement a new scheduler, I also
would like to know if any of you have some good pointers to eksisting
scheduling projects.

Any general thoughts on the subject are very welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Anders Fugmann

2001-11-15 21:40:39

by Mike Fedyk

Subject: Re: Scheduler

On Thu, Nov 15, 2001 at 08:22:26PM +0100, Anders Peter Fugmann wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I'm about to start my master thesis, and for this I'm thinking of
> implementing a new scheduler for Linux.
>
> The project will be mostly theoretical, and I'm therefore looking for
> pointers to papers describing schduling methods for SMP systems.
>
> As a part of the project will be to implement a new scheduler, I also
> would like to know if any of you have some good pointers to eksisting
> scheduling projects.

goto kernelnewbies.org/patches/ and search for "sched".

It'll list all of them that I know about except for the MQ secheduler.

Mike

2001-11-15 23:24:01

by Davide Libenzi

On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, Anders Peter Fugmann wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I'm about to start my master thesis, and for this I'm thinking of
> implementing a new scheduler for Linux.
>
> The project will be mostly theoretical, and I'm therefore looking for
> pointers to papers describing schduling methods for SMP systems.
>
> As a part of the project will be to implement a new scheduler, I also
> would like to know if any of you have some good pointers to eksisting
> scheduling projects.
>
> Any general thoughts on the subject are very welcome.

You can try here :

http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/directory.html

or ACM ( you need subscription for most of the articles ) :

http://www.acm.org/

or ( you need subscription ) :

http://www.usenix.org/

- Davide

2001-11-16 14:43:38

by Hubertus Franke

* Mike Fedyk <[email protected]> [20011115 16;40]:"

The MQ you can find at http://lse.sourceforge.net/scheduling