2002-01-25 01:21:28

by roe jice

Subject: Q: missing swap in 2.5.2

Hello,
I compiled 2.5.2 and rebooted and my swap no longer
works. swapon returns happy but 'free' show 0 swap
and /proc/swap is empty. if i reboot to 2.4.17 swap
is back. Since i can't find any like this in the list
archives i'm guessing it is something i did.
if anyone could help me i would appreciate it.

Thanks,
joe rice

http://www.bigidea.com

2002-01-25 01:28:48

by Robert Love

Subject: Re: Q: missing swap in 2.5.2

On Thu, 2002-01-24 at 20:18, roe jice wrote:

> I compiled 2.5.2 and rebooted and my swap no longer
> works. swapon returns happy but 'free' show 0 swap
> and /proc/swap is empty. if i reboot to 2.4.17 swap
> is back. Since i can't find any like this in the list
> archives i'm guessing it is something i did.
> if anyone could help me i would appreciate it.

Known problem. Try a 2.5.3-pre.

Robert Love