2002-01-27 20:06:06

by Denis Vlasenko

Subject: Kudos to NFS developers

I want to say that when I decided to put my main Linux box on NFS I thought
it wouldn't be painless. In fact, it was.

I am able to run a couple of workstations with shared NFS root fs (ro),
/usr (rw) and /home (rw). It works wonderfully over 100MBit eth and
surprisingly good over 10MBit.

I rebooted NFS server on several occasions while clients were using it and
witnessed that they handle this perfectly. No information is lost, apps just
continue to happily run after server is up again.

I want to say big fat "THANK YOU!" to all NFS developers, testers and patch
submitters!

Happy hacking!
--
vda

2002-01-27 21:30:31

by Per Jessen

Subject: Re: Kudos to NFS developers

>I want to say big fat "THANK YOU!" to all NFS developers, testers and patch
>submitters!

Couldn't agree more.

/Per

regards,
Per Jessen, Zurich
http://www.enidan.com - home of the J1 serial console.

Windows 2001: "I'm sorry Dave ... I'm afraid I can't do that."