2002-02-13 13:55:39

by Carlo

Subject: Problem with menuconfig after installation of IPSec ( FreeS/WAN )

After install of FreeS/WAN 1.95 ( IPSec ) ( make menugo ) , when I try to
select Networking Options from menuconfig, the following screen apears...

Menuconfig has encountered a possible error in one of the kernel's
configuration files and is unable to continue. Here is the error
report:

Q> scripts/Menuconfig: MCmenu7: command not found

Please report this to the maintainer <[email protected]>. You may also
send a problem report to <[email protected]>.

Please indicate the kernel version you are trying to configure and
which menu you were trying to enter when this error occurred.

make: *** [menuconfig] Error 1

I am running kernel 2.2.19 on Slackware 8 distro

What can I do ?

2002-02-13 14:02:31

by Alan

> After install of FreeS/WAN 1.95 ( IPSec ) ( make menugo ) , when I try to
> select Networking Options from menuconfig, the following screen apears...

If you only see it after installing frees/wan, then please report it to
the freeswan people

2002-02-13 14:25:56

by Giacomo A. Catenazzi

Carlo wrote:

> After install of FreeS/WAN 1.95 ( IPSec ) ( make menugo ) , when I try to
> select Networking Options from menuconfig, the following screen apears...
>
> Menuconfig has encountered a possible error in one of the kernel's
> configuration files and is unable to continue. Here is the error
> report:
>
> Q> scripts/Menuconfig: MCmenu7: command not found
>
> Please report this to the maintainer <[email protected]>. You may also
> send a problem report to <[email protected]>.
>
> Please indicate the kernel version you are trying to configure and
> which menu you were trying to enter when this error occurred.
>
> make: *** [menuconfig] Error 1
>
> I am running kernel 2.2.19 on Slackware 8 distro
>
> What can I do ?

This seem like a script error in configuration file (no or
missplaced 'fi'.)
Try 'make xconfig' (xconfig have a better error checking)

giacomo