2002-02-20 01:05:43

by Wade Hampton

Subject: Info on Intel Plumas E7500 support

G'day,

A customer of mine asked if RedHat 6.2 supported
the new dual xeon e7500 chip set? After a search
which resulted in very few hits, I was wondering
if any Linux kernel supports this?

Also anyone know if support for it will be backported
to the 2.2 series?

W. Wade, Hampton <[email protected]>
According to Microsoft, GPL and similar licenses are "viral"
licenses. I guess .NET is clearly a "potentially viral
software platform". It would be a nice way to propagate a virus.

2002-02-20 01:39:29

by Alan

Subject: Re: Info on Intel Plumas E7500 support

> A customer of mine asked if RedHat 6.2 supported
> the new dual xeon e7500 chip set? After a search
> which resulted in very few hits, I was wondering
> if any Linux kernel supports this?

No idea. In general intel chipsets are fairly standards compliant and
forward/backward compatible. That should mean the IDE will either just
work as full UDMA or need a new PCI ident. It might want a new IRQ router
if you use it with stuff like cardbus or hotplug.

> Also anyone know if support for it will be backported
> to the 2.2 series?

Unlikely