2002-04-02 17:43:58

by Chris Friesen

Subject: any problems with gcc 3.0/3.1 and compiling 2.4.18 on ppc?

We're looking at moving to gcc 3.x for 2.4.18, and are trying to decide what
version to use. It appears that there were some ppc-specific fixes that went in
to 3.1, and I'm not sure if they were ported back to 3.0.

Has anyone had any successes or failures using either of these versions on ppc?
Any gotchas?

Thanks,

Chris

--
Chris Friesen | MailStop: 043/33/F10
Nortel Networks | work: (613) 765-0557

2002-04-02 19:31:17

by Dan Kegel

Chris Friesen <[email protected]> wrote:
> We're looking at moving to gcc 3.x for 2.4.18, and are trying to decide what
> version to use. It appears that there were some ppc-specific fixes that went in
> to 3.1, and I'm not sure if they were ported back to 3.0.
>
> Has anyone had any successes or failures using either of these versions on ppc?
> Any gotchas?

I'm about to do the same thing. I'm already using a (patched) gcc3.0.2
on sh4, and really want to drop gcc2.9x for ppc, too. Haven't tried
it yet, though.

Have you asked on linuxppc-{dev,user}@lists.linuxppc.org yet?
(Archives at http://lists.linuxppc.org/ )
- Dan