2002-04-26 12:32:21

by Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk

Subject: 2.4.19-pre kernels leaking memory? How to debug?

hi

How can I check if my theory about 2.4.19-pre-kernels are leaking memory?
After upgrading from 2.4.17-something, my computer chrashes, wildswapping,
after some time. Quite short too.

roy

--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk, Datavaktmester

Computers are like air conditioners.

by FD Cami

Subject: Re: 2.4.19-pre kernels leaking memory? How to debug?

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:
> hi
>
> How can I check if my theory about 2.4.19-pre-kernels are leaking memory?
> After upgrading from 2.4.17-something, my computer chrashes, wildswapping,
> after some time. Quite short too.
>
> roy

i've ran 2.4.19pre7 for 10 days straight, never had a crash...

2002-04-27 01:54:34

by jjs

Same here, it's been fairly solid -

Even better though is 2.4.19-pre7-ac2 with the
preempt patch and the mini low latency patch.

Joe