2002-06-03 06:33:10

by Jeff Jenkins

Subject: Newbie SMP question

I am familiar with a command on Solaris, namely "psrinfo". This
dispalys that # of CPUs on a box + additional info. Is there a similar
command on Linux that will display the # of CPUs on a system and any
info about the CPUs ( make/model/etc.)?
-- jrj

2002-06-03 07:30:42

by Helge Hafting

Subject: Re: Newbie SMP question

Jeff Jenkins wrote:

> I am familiar with a command on Solaris, namely "psrinfo". This
> dispalys that # of CPUs on a box + additional info. Is there a similar
> command on Linux that will display the # of CPUs on a system and any
> info about the CPUs ( make/model/etc.)?

cat /proc/cpuinfo

Helge Hafting

2002-06-03 07:36:31

by Zwane Mwaikambo

On Sun, 2 Jun 2002, Jeff Jenkins wrote:

> I am familiar with a command on Solaris, namely "psrinfo". This
> dispalys that # of CPUs on a box + additional info. Is there a similar
> command on Linux that will display the # of CPUs on a system and any
> info about the CPUs ( make/model/etc.)?

`cat /proc/cpuinfo` should give you the required information.

Regards,
Zwane Mwaikambo

--
http://function.linuxpower.ca

2002-06-03 07:49:15

by Joe

Jeff Jenkins wrote:

> I am familiar with a command on Solaris, namely "psrinfo". This
> dispalys that # of CPUs on a box + additional info. Is there a
> similar command on Linux that will display the # of CPUs on a system
> and any info about the CPUs ( make/model/etc.)?

well, there's always "cat /proc/cpuinfo" -

Joe