2002-07-06 10:16:02

by Grega Fajdiga

Subject: [OT] Where is Martin Dalecki?

Good day,

There has been a while since any IDE patches have gone into main tree.
Also, it's been a while since Martin Dalecki released an IDE patch.
Where is he? In lat two weeks or so only Bartolmej (did I spell this
correctly?) has been releasing them. Could anyone elaborate?

Regards,
Grega Fajdiga

2002-07-06 11:16:05

by Russell King

Subject: Re: [OT] Where is Martin Dalecki?

On Sat, Jul 06, 2002 at 12:18:59PM +0200, Grega Fajdiga wrote:
> There has been a while since any IDE patches have gone into main tree.
> Also, it's been a while since Martin Dalecki released an IDE patch.
> Where is he? In lat two weeks or so only Bartolmej (did I spell this
> correctly?) has been releasing them. Could anyone elaborate?

He didn't show for his talk at OLS either, although he was in Ottawa
for the Kernel Summit.

--
Russell King ([email protected]) The developer of ARM Linux

by bert hubert

On Sat, Jul 06, 2002 at 12:18:38PM +0100, Russell King wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 06, 2002 at 12:18:59PM +0200, Grega Fajdiga wrote:
> > There has been a while since any IDE patches have gone into main tree.
> > Also, it's been a while since Martin Dalecki released an IDE patch.
> > Where is he? In lat two weeks or so only Bartolmej (did I spell this
> > correctly?) has been releasing them. Could anyone elaborate?
>
> He didn't show for his talk at OLS either, although he was in Ottawa
> for the Kernel Summit.

No, that's not right. As far as I understood it he had been talked into a
presentation replacing somebody else's:
http://www.linuxsymposium.org/2002/view_txt.php?talk=85&text=abstract

And then James Bottomley reported that he'd chickened out.

Anyway, they can both be seen here: http://ds9a.nl/ols/img_0015-1-0.shtml

Regards,

bert

--
http://www.PowerDNS.com Versatile DNS Software & Services
http://www.tk the dot in .tk

On Sat, 6 Jul 2002, Grega Fajdiga wrote:

> Good day,
>
> There has been a while since any IDE patches have gone into main tree.
> Also, it's been a while since Martin Dalecki released an IDE patch.
> Where is he? In lat two weeks or so only Bartolmej (did I spell this
> correctly?) has been releasing them. Could anyone elaborate?

(1) Martin is on vacation, if I remeber well till 7th July (?).
(2) Wrong :( ! Bartlomiej!

:-)

> Regards,
> Grega Fajdiga

Bartlomiej !!!!

2002-07-06 17:11:29

by Andre Hedrick

With any luck gone and Bartlomiej who actually knows something about the
hardware and driver design is now going to be running the show.
I gather his latest patch revert many of the bogus bugs designed by MD.
You should pray he does not come back!

Bartlomiej is significantly more capable and more of a storage architect.
I trust he will be doing the correct thing.

Cheers,

On Sat, 6 Jul 2002, Grega Fajdiga wrote:

> Good day,
>
> There has been a while since any IDE patches have gone into main tree.
> Also, it's been a while since Martin Dalecki released an IDE patch.
> Where is he? In lat two weeks or so only Bartolmej (did I spell this
> correctly?) has been releasing them. Could anyone elaborate?
>
> Regards,
> Grega Fajdiga
> -

Andre Hedrick
LAD Storage Consulting Group

On Sat, 6 Jul 2002, Andre Hedrick wrote:

> With any luck gone and Bartlomiej who actually knows something about the
> hardware and driver design is now going to be running the show.
> I gather his latest patch revert many of the bogus bugs designed by MD.
> You should pray he does not come back!
>
> Bartlomiej is significantly more capable and more of a storage architect.
> I trust he will be doing the correct thing.
>
> Cheers,

Thanks for warm words, but please dont discard MD yet.

To the time I cooperated with Martin just fine, he makes mistakes but
everyone does. He can admit them.

He should be more careful and spent more time on thinking about changes
and their impact instead of simply trying them out.

If he does, it will be all right...

--
Bartlomiej

> On Sat, 6 Jul 2002, Grega Fajdiga wrote:
>
> > Good day,
> >
> > There has been a while since any IDE patches have gone into main tree.
> > Also, it's been a while since Martin Dalecki released an IDE patch.
> > Where is he? In lat two weeks or so only Bartolmej (did I spell this
> > correctly?) has been releasing them. Could anyone elaborate?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Grega Fajdiga
> > -
> > the body of a message to [email protected]
> >

> Andre Hedrick
> LAD Storage Consulting Group
>
> -

by Martin Dalecki

U?ytkownik Grega Fajdiga napisa?:
> Good day,
>
> There has been a while since any IDE patches have gone into main tree.
> Also, it's been a while since Martin Dalecki released an IDE patch.
> Where is he? In lat two weeks or so only Bartolmej (did I spell this
> correctly?) has been releasing them. Could anyone elaborate?

You asked. Well I was in Canada. I used the OLS to have two weeks fo
hollidays there as well. So back I'am. Right now catching up on
lkml. From what I see right now I have to give thanks for
Bart?omiej for proper handling of the developement tree in the time between.

2002-07-08 04:44:17

by Martin Dalecki

U?ytkownik bert hubert napisa?:
> On Sat, Jul 06, 2002 at 12:18:38PM +0100, Russell King wrote:
>
>>On Sat, Jul 06, 2002 at 12:18:59PM +0200, Grega Fajdiga wrote:
>>
>>>There has been a while since any IDE patches have gone into main tree.
>>>Also, it's been a while since Martin Dalecki released an IDE patch.
>>>Where is he? In lat two weeks or so only Bartolmej (did I spell this
>>>correctly?) has been releasing them. Could anyone elaborate?
>>
>>He didn't show for his talk at OLS either, although he was in Ottawa
>>for the Kernel Summit.
>

> No, that's not right. As far as I understood it he had been talked into a
> presentation replacing somebody else's:
> http://www.linuxsymposium.org/2002/view_txt.php?talk=85&text=abstract
>
> And then James Bottomley reported that he'd chickened out.

The problem was that the free slot you are talking about...

> Anyway, they can both be seen here: http://ds9a.nl/ols/img_0015-1-0.shtml

... was simple scheduled at a far too early time (10:00) for me to
get up after having the "session" you can see above.

I think I have made this point clear at the afternoon in question.

2002-07-08 14:10:21

by Dave Jones

On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 06:46:44AM +0200, Martin Dalecki wrote:

> The problem was that the free slot you are talking about...
> ... was simple scheduled at a far too early time (10:00) for me to
> get up after having the "session" you can see above.

I missed the actual proposed session, but the notice said otherwise
anyway... http://photos.codemonkey.org.uk/photo.php?id=134670

Dave.

--
| Dave Jones. http://www.codemonkey.org.uk
| SuSE Labs

2002-07-08 18:52:08

by Martin Dalecki

U?ytkownik Dave Jones napisa?:
> On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 06:46:44AM +0200, Martin Dalecki wrote:
>
> > The problem was that the free slot you are talking about...
> > ... was simple scheduled at a far too early time (10:00) for me to
> > get up after having the "session" you can see above.
>
> I missed the actual proposed session, but the notice said otherwise
> anyway... http://photos.codemonkey.org.uk/photo.php?id=134670

Well at least you see ... there was some leak of communication.
And please note as well that I was just attending the
kernel summit. I never even registered for the actual symposium.

Oh well, oh well...