2002-07-22 22:57:42

by John Weber

Subject: New Xircom Cardbus Driver for 2.5?

I searched the archives, but couldn't find anything about the new xircom
32-bit cardbus driver for linux 2.5. Can anyone give me some pointers?

2002-07-22 23:38:32

by Jeff Garzik

Subject: Re: New Xircom Cardbus Driver for 2.5?

John Weber wrote:
> I searched the archives, but couldn't find anything about the new xircom
> 32-bit cardbus driver for linux 2.5. Can anyone give me some pointers?

There is no new xircom cardbus driver. It has the same drivers as 2.4,
"xircom_cb" and "xircom_tulip_cb" I believe these were in the
drivers/net/pcmcia directly in 2.4.

Jeff

2002-07-23 00:19:21

by John Weber

Jeff Garzik wrote:
> John Weber wrote:
>
>> I searched the archives, but couldn't find anything about the new
>> xircom 32-bit cardbus driver for linux 2.5. Can anyone give me some
>> pointers?
>

> There is no new xircom cardbus driver. It has the same drivers as 2.4,
> "xircom_cb" and "xircom_tulip_cb" I believe these were in the
> drivers/net/pcmcia directly in 2.4.
>
> Jeff

You're right. Thanks.

I don't use this driver myself, so I didn't know that there was a new
tulip config option that needed to be enabled. I am utterly confused
about tulip/cardbus/pcmcia/etc... but I will not stop trying to read
this code :).

Thanks again.