2002-08-08 18:28:13

by Rik van Ballegooijen

Subject: parse error in ext2_fs_sb.h

hello,

When i was compiling some stuff, i got this error:

Parse error before "u32"

in the file (2.5.30):

include/linux/ext2_fs_sb.h

I changed the u32 to __u32 and it worked. Is this a (proper) solution?

Rik

2002-08-08 18:39:55

by Rik van Ballegooijen

Subject: Re: parse error in ext2_fs_sb.h

Mark Hahn wrote:
>>When i was compiling some stuff, i got this error:
>
> user-space or kernel-space stuff?
>
>>Parse error before "u32"
>>
>>in the file (2.5.30):
>>
>>include/linux/ext2_fs_sb.h
>

> user-space should not use kernel headers.
>

>>I changed the u32 to __u32 and it worked. Is this a (proper) solution?

I was compiling quota-tools v3.06. The file quotacheck.c includes the
named file on line 31.

Rik

2002-08-08 18:43:25

by Alan

On Thu, 2002-08-08 at 19:31, Rik van Ballegooijen wrote:
> When i was compiling some stuff, i got this error:
>
> Parse error before "u32"
>
> in the file (2.5.30):
>
> include/linux/ext2_fs_sb.h
>
> I changed the u32 to __u32 and it worked. Is this a (proper) solution?

u32 is used for stuff that shouldnt be visible to user space, only __u32
is available from user space. Are you building kernel code or user code
?