2002-08-12 01:34:10

by John Weber

Subject: linux 2.5.31 and fd 3

I am completely mistified by this problem, but after loading kernel
2.5.31 I am unable to open an xterm in X windows. The system complains
about being unable to stat fd 3.

I will look more closely at it, but was wondering whether anyone saw
something similar.

2002-08-13 23:13:18

by Michel Eyckmans (MCE)

Subject: Re: linux 2.5.31 and fd 3

> I am completely mistified by this problem, but after loading kernel
> 2.5.31 I am unable to open an xterm in X windows. The system complains
> about being unable to stat fd 3.

I ran into the same problem while trying to figure out my module
to get modules working also fixes the xterm failure.

MCE