2002-08-17 13:03:10

by Jonathan Hudson

Subject: 2.4.20-pre3 hangs on boot on Duron/VIA

2.4.20-pre3 hangs on boot on a Duron/VIA system, immediately after
displaying the line:

Initializing RT netlink socket

2.4.20-pre2 (and -ac3) boot normally

PCI: Probing PCI hardware
Disabling VIA memory write queue (PCI ID 0305, rev 02): [55] 89 & 1f -> 09
Unknown bridge resource 0: assuming transparent
Linux NET4.0 for Linux 2.4
Based upon Swansea University Computer Society NET3.039
Initializing RT netlink socket
Starting kswapd
ACPI: Core Subsystem version [20011018]
ACPI: Subsystem enabled
matroxfb: Matrox G400 (AGP) detected

Compiler was gcc 3.2. Further details on request if required.

Thanks

2002-08-17 17:14:47

by Garst R. Reese

Subject: RE: 2.4.20-pre3 hangs on boot on Duron/VIA

> 2.4.20-pre3 hangs on boot on a Duron/VIA system, immediately after
> displaying the line:

Initializing RT netlink socket

Same thing on a ThinkPad 380XD mmx

2002-08-17 19:20:27

by Alex Romosan

Jonathan Hudson <[email protected]> writes:

> 2.4.20-pre3 hangs on boot on a Duron/VIA system, immediately after
> displaying the line:
>
> Initializing RT netlink socket

same thing on an athlon/via system. kernel was compiled with gcc 2.95
2.4.20-pre2 boots fine.

--alex--

--
| I believe the moment is at hand when, by a paranoiac and active |
| advance of the mind, it will be possible (simultaneously with |

2002-08-17 20:29:06

by Andrew Friedley

I'm getting the same hang on a dual p2 xeon 450 2mb cache system. Intel
C440GX+ motherboard.

Andrew Friedley