2002-08-19 05:26:45

by Rahul Karnik

Subject: Kernel.Org bug in viewing of patches

Kernel.Org admins,

I was using the nifty patch viewing feature on the homepage when I
noticed that in the per-file patch list for a given patch, the links
generated are not correct. An example is the current ac patch view at:

http://www.kernel.org/diff/diffview.cgi?file=/pub/linux/kernel/people/alan/linux-2.4/2.4.20/patch-2.4.20-pre2-ac4.gz

Clicking on the link for drivers/net/3c59x.c actually leads to the patch
for drivers/net/cs89x0.h. Similar problems appear to exist for viewing
of the other patches as well, with different offsets in the file list.

Thanks for the cool viewer,
Rahul

2002-08-19 17:14:51

by H. Peter Anvin

By author: Rahul Karnik <[email protected]>
In newsgroup: linux.dev.kernel

> Kernel.Org admins,
>
> I was using the nifty patch viewing feature on the homepage when I
> noticed that in the per-file patch list for a given patch, the links
> generated are not correct. An example is the current ac patch view at:
>
> http://www.kernel.org/diff/diffview.cgi?file=/pub/linux/kernel/people/alan/linux-2.4/2.4.20/patch-2.4.20-pre2-ac4.gz
>
> Clicking on the link for drivers/net/3c59x.c actually leads to the patch
> for drivers/net/cs89x0.h. Similar problems appear to exist for viewing
> of the other patches as well, with different offsets in the file list.

The problem seems to be with diffstat, which occationally drops hunks
-- resulting in the count being incorrect.

-hpa
--
<[email protected]> at work, <[email protected]> in private!
http://www.zytor.com/~hpa/puzzle.txt <[email protected]>

2002-08-19 20:14:13

by Diego Calleja

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002 01:37:49 -0400
Rahul Karnik <[email protected]> escribi?:

> Kernel.Org admins,

I know that this is not the question, but why not delete
the "unstable patch" line? it points to 2.5.8-pre3,
it's wrong, since Linus isn't using now the -pre patches.

If Linus isn't going to use that field more, it has no sense
not to delete it.

Diego Calleja