2002-08-22 07:29:25

by Con Kolivas

Subject: Combined performance patches for 2.4.19

2002-08-22 21:35:25

by Joe

Subject: Re: Combined performance patches for 2.4.19

It's a tedious job merging all these patches
and your work is appreciated - Danke!

Pleasd, send notice when the low latency
patches are merged in too -

Joe

Con Kolivas wrote:

>-
>the body of a message to [email protected]

by Con Kolivas

Quoting Mark Hahn <[email protected]>:

> uh, great, but didn't the author of the preemptible patch
> say he didn't even want it in 2.4? I imagine Ingo must
> feel the same about O(1).

I'm not trying to get this patch included in mainstream 2.4
I did it for myself and the others who want to play with it.

> do you really think you need them? afaik, AKPM's tests
> show that the mainstream kernel is just fine wrt latency.

Nothing wrong with trying it out is there?

Quote: "One ancecdote's worth a thousand benchmarks"

Con Kolivas